How to Create a Personal Profile or an Organization Profile
Creating an Organization Profile on ConnectSouthside.org is a two-step process. In order to create an Organization Profile, you will first need to register a Personal Profile with ConnectSouthside.org. Please refer to the directions below; for assistance, contact us.
Step 1 - Create a Personal Profile
1. Select "Register" in the upper right-hand corner of any screen on ConnectSouthside.org.
2. On the "Manage Your Personal Profile" page, enter your Preferred User Information, Password and Personal Profile. Your information is confidential and will not be traded or sold.
3. Scroll down and select "Register" to save your information.
4. After selecting "Register," you will be directed to a confirmation page where you will find a link to "Add an Organization." This link begins the steps to creating a new Organization Profile if you choose to.
Registered users must log in to save searches through their Personal Profile. Return to your Personal Profile mainpage by clicking on your name in the upper right-hand corner (when logged in) to view your saved searches and to access your Organization Profile(s).
Step 2 - Create an Organization Profile
1. Select "Login" in the upper right-hand corner of any screen on ConnectSouthside.org.
2. Log into your Personal Profile using your User Name and Password.
3. Once logged in, a blue box entitled "Your Organizations" will appear in the right-hand column.
4. If you are currently linked to an Organization Profile, you will see the name(s) of the organization(s) listed in the box.
5. Select "Add an Organization" to create a new Profile.
6. Enter the name of the organization you wish to add and select "Next."
7. You will receive a warning message if the name you entered already appears in the system. ConnectSouthside.org does not allow duplicate Organization Profiles. Duplicates are reviewed and purged by staff on a regular basis. To avoid having your Profile purged, please search the list of Community Organizations and contact the creator of your organization's Profile to be added as a User.
8. If the organization you entered does not have an Organization Profile, you will be directed to create one, beginning with the organization name, alias and mission statement. You must complete the Profile form before posting any items on ConnectSouthside.org. This will ensure that your Profile displays current, accurate information for visitors who search your posted items.
9. Once you have completed the required Profile form, select "Add Organization" at the bottom of the screen to save it.
Currently, website URLs must include the 'http://' (http://www.connectsouthside.org) in order for the link to function properly. Please be sure to include http:// when entering your web address into your organizational profile before saving your work.